So 2014 was an interesting year for t.v. watchers. We got some new shows and lost some old ones. A lot of people are surprised to hear how many tv shows I keep up with, but let’s be honest, TV is an outlet of relief. All the complicated plot twists, characters, reveals, and drama do get stressful, but its worth it when you see the finale. (Yes, I usually make very uninspiring things deeper than they will ever be.)
So my Top TV shows of the year:
- How to Get Away With Murder (drama/mystery) If you’re not watching this, you’re missing out. Annalise is the role model you didn’t realize you needed.
- The Mindy Project (comedy/romance) It’s cute and has the quirkiest characters (Morgan and Tamra).
- Undateable (comedy) It may have some really corny humor and may get a bit weird, but I’ve never laughed so hard.
- Red Band Society (drama) I dream of becoming an oncologist, so this show really inspired me.
- Cristela (comedy) It’s cute and it’s definitely a show I can watch with my mom, who I must say loves Cristela’s mom’s character.
So those are my top 5 shows. Many of them feature strong female and diverse characters. I love shows with characters of different ethnicities, race, health, and appearance. We’ve come a long way from tv only showing white males and sexualizing all the women (which many ads still do), but there’s still more to go. I hope to see a Muslim woman on a tv show or who knows, I really hope Sheldon Cooper could make a surprise appearance on Undateable.